Webinar Series: Sourcing & Selling Vermont Food in the Time of COVID-19March 31, 2020
The Sourcing & Selling Vermont Food in the Time of COVID-19 Webinar Series being developed by a team from UVM Extension, the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Vermont Farm to Plate, Vermont Fresh Network, and other partners to help Vermont’s farm and food system build resiliency and support safety in these challenging times.
Wed, April 15, 12pm
Getting Started with Online Sales led by Zac Smith of UVM Extension Farm Viability. Register here
Tuesday, April 21, 2pm
Direct Market Farmers Accepting SNAP/EBT led by Jennie Porter of NOFA-VT. Register here
This following webinar has passed.The recording has been posted at http://go.uvm.edu/sellvtfood
COVID-19 Adaptations for Farms with Direct Sales, eCommerce, and Agritourism
- When: Wednesday, April 8, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- Where: You can call in by phone or connect through your computer on Zoom.
- Register in advance for this meeting
As essential businesses, how are farms adapting to the evolving COVID-19 situation with no-contact direct sales, restaurant closures, and farmers markets in flux? Vermont is fortunate to have creative farmers leading the way. Farmers interested in direct sales, as well as ag service providers and others supporting farms are invited to share strategies, challenges, and resources.
- Shannon Varley from Strafford Village Farm will talk about transitioning their farmstand to online ordering with drive-thru and delivery.
- Alissa Matthews from the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets will let us know where to find the latest guidelines for CSAs and farmers markets.
- Sara DeFilippi from the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing will give an update on resources from ACCD.
- Hans Estrin from UVM Extension will discuss new models of direct sales and produce safety
Below is a list of COVID-19 resources and links that came up during the conversation:
Vermont Agency of Ag (VAAFM)
UVM Extension Farm Viability Advisors
UVM Extension Ag Engineering
Vermont Vegetable and Berry Growers Association
Individual counseling and triage for farm families
Send virtual/online events to DigInVT@vermontfresh.net
Farm to Plate has created a Resource Collection for COVID-19 Support. https://www.vtfarmtoplate.com/resources/collections/covid-19-support
If you’d like to add to this collection or find something that needs a correction made/adjustment, please email Kelly@vsjf.orgcontaining all of the following:
- Resource Name
- Brief Description
- A Relevant Image (if you have one)
- URL to resource or the file
- Section It Should be Placed Under (Resources, Funding/Insurance, Matchmaking/Volunteering, Food Safety, Technical Assistance, Food Access, Merchandising Resources, or let me know if we need a new section)
For Vermont Farm to Plate - please feel free to submit all virtual events and webinars for farm events as well as organizations planning events like this one. Submit here: https://www.vtfarmtoplate.com/events
Cornell Food Safety
Cornell Consumer FAQ
Foodboro has set up an option for creating an commerce marketplace https://shopify.foodboro.us/
We are developing a list for future webinars that will go in depth on different topics with different presenters. What do you want to hear about and who do you want to hear from? Please send ideas to Lisa.Chase@uvm.edu.