Vermont Hot Chocolate Week: Feb 1-7, 2021December 21, 2020
Save the date! DigInVT’s Vermont Hot Chocolate Week is February 1 - 7, 2021. A winter tradition that many of us remember fondly from childhood, this is an all ages celebration across the state.
Cozy up with a mug by the fire, enjoy hot chocolate after an outdoor adventure, explore special drinks from local chefs, and more! Sip your way through Vermont’s first Hot Chocolate Week and share your favorites. Are you a whipped cream and marshmallow person? Do you like it spiced with a touch of cinnamon? Get ready to throw a hot chocolate party with your family!
Hot chocolate is a relaxing pick-me-up and Vermont has all of the ingredients necessary for both kid-friendly and adult versions! We have the cows, the chocolate makers, the chefs, and the distillers for a boozy adult treat.
Members, don't miss out on serving up the first Vermont Hot Chocolate Week!
Let's help the public sip their way through Vermont by tasting your favorite hot chocolate recipes. All Vermont Fresh Network members are invited to participate in this collaborative week-long event! Consider offering a to-go kit, punch card, menu special, or hot chocolate pairing at your business during the week. Think both kid-friendly and adult boozy.
Hot Chocolate Week kicks off on February 1st! We look forward to promoting a range of activities all over the state. We can't wait to see what you plan. As we get closer, we'll be posting more info on the Facebook Event Page & DigInVT Event Page.
Member Participation Ideas:
- Menu specials (daily flavors, hot chocolate brunch, etc.)
- Hot chocolate recipes that highlight Vermont dairy - submit yours to be featured
- Special pairings (i.e. come in for a pastry and a hot chocolate)
- Hot chocolate to-go kits on your takeout menu
- Après promotions (in conjunction with outdoor activities - skiing, sledding)
- Livestream hot chocolate recipe events or make a video
- Guided tastings of several flavors
- Other unique ways to enjoy hot chocolate + dairy (hot chocolate bombs, hot chocolate French toast, etc.) - there are lots of creative ideas out there!
Marketing & Promotion:
Participating members will receive our marketing support. Promotion associated with this week-long event includes:
- Featured on DigInVT.com
- Featured in the DigInVT "Fresh Feed" newsletter and in VFN / DigInVT social media
- Outreach with statewide partners and online calendar postings
- Sample text, photos, posts provided to all participants so that they can promote their own participation and link to the larger event
- Press release to statewide and local media
- Promotion through Front Porch Forum, one of Vermont Fresh Network's marketing partners in 2021
- Paid advertising campaign
Vermont Hot Chocolate Week is made possible through a new Vermont Breakfast on the Farm grant. This program enables Vermont farmers and industry organizations to creatively engage the public in learning about modern dairy farming.