Hiring a Program AssociateFebruary 25, 2019
We are no longer accepting applications - THANK YOU. The Vermont Fresh Network is now hiring for a program associate. The program associate will undertake a variety of administrative and project-related tasks. This is a new position that will assist the Executive Director and Membership Manager.
The Vermont Fresh Network (VFN) is a 501(c)3 organization founded in 1996 to promote connections between farmers and chefs and engage the dining public in supporting the local food system.
Our network is diverse and includes a range of culinary professionals, farmers, and food artisans. We support transparency and verification in local foods marketing; VFN Partner Members meet established criteria for purchasing from local farm partners. We undertake a variety of projects each year, from agricultural and culinary tourism to market development around specific Vermont products to participation in statewide policy initiatives. Our signature event, the Annual Forum Dinner at Shelburne Farms, draws a sell-out crowd every year and celebrates the best of Vermont food. We also manage DigInVT.com, a collaborative food & farm tourism website, which we consider our “sister” site.
- Research and update events on DigInVT.com
- Other DigInVT website content updating
- Support member renewal process - database inputs, monthly mailings (mail merge)
- Social media support for both VFN and DigInVT accounts
- A small amount of image editing and graphic development
- Other general organizational and office support (programs, projects, event planning, promotion, coordination, email marketing, copy editing, and office mailings)
- Staying on top of member news, Vermont food and farm events, and any other information relevant to our members
Ideal candidate has:
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills using a variety of resources (e-mail, social media,
- in-person, etc.)
- Prior administrative experience
- Interest in digital marketing and social media
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with digital content management systems and nonprofit donor management software a plus (we use Little Green Light)
- Positive attitude and team player
- 2-3 yrs experience in a similar field or position
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Access to a personal laptop and vehicle
Open Position: Program Associate [please click for a PDF version of the position description]
Location: Richmond, VT (with the option for some remote)
Hours: Full time
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Associate”. If you are invited to an interview, we will ask for three references and a brief writing sample at that time. Deadline for applications is March 20th. Interviews anticipated in early April, with a start date at the end of April.