The Network is Hiring!April 20, 2017
The Network is now hiring for the position of Executive Director. Meghan Sheradin has been with the Vermont Fresh Network for 15 years! She's moving on to lead the Vermont Grass Farmers Association as their first staff member and executive director. We wish her luck and will miss her immensely, but look forward to meeting candidates that match her passion for Vermont-grown and raised food.
JOB POSTING: Executive Director, Vermont Fresh Network
LOCATION: Based in Richmond, VT (with travel around the state and option for remote work)
Are you passionate about food, farming and Vermont? Do you have leadership skills and experience in business or nonprofit management?
The Vermont Fresh Network (VFN), a non-profit organization that helped launch the farm-to-table movement, is looking for a new executive director.
Over the last 20 years, VFN has been instrumental building a flourishing food and farm economy in Vermont by connecting local farmers and producers with chefs, institutions and other new markets.
VFN’s Annual Forum and dinner at Shelburne Farms has become an institution that gathers the best of our food community together for a celebration of our top chefs and farmers. In 2015, VFN members purchased more than $45 million in Vermont-grown food. Some of VFN’s newer initiatives include overseeing and administrating the website DigInVT.com, our Fish On program dedicated to encouraging the use of local fish and connecting Vermont wineries with new sales opportunities.
Our executive director of the past 15 years is moving on so we're looking for an equally energetic and enthusiastic person with the vision to take VFN into the next decade of success.
This is a full-time position currently based out of our office in Richmond, Vermont but with travel around the state and a potential to work remotely.
Your skill sets are:
- Proven leadership background
- Strong passion for Vermont’s food and farming community
- Experience managing a non-profit
- Business experience and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with budgeting and accounting principles
- Marketing, digital marketing and social media expertise
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of or experience with grant writing a plus
- Personnel management
You will work with a small staff and directly with the Board of Directors, which includes leaders of the Vermont food community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with members (chefs, farmers, producers and institutions) to help ensure that VFN is fully meeting their needs and that our criteria for membership are met.
- Strategic planning to help VFN grow its membership and its mission.
- Communicating the work and benefits of VFN to both membership and the general public.
- Developing, organizing, implementing and marketing VFN programs.
- Organizing and implementing fundraising events, such as the Annual Forum at Shelburne Farms.
- Developing, securing funding, organizing, and implementing VFN grant programs.
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing partner organizations.
- Developing, implementing and meeting an annual budget.
- The recruitment, employment and release of all personnel, both paid staff and contractors.
- Planning, managing and implementing fundraising strategies in close collaboration with the board.
- Developing and executing social media strategy.
- Ensuring adherence to 501c3 non-profit (State & Federal) regulations, required funder reporting and VFN Bylaws.
Your background includes:
- An Associate’s Degree or higher level of education.
- Experience leading a non-profit organization or related for-profit.
- Familiarity with VFN and our member network.
- 5 years experience or more in a similar field.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: VFNjobs@gmail.com
ABOUT THE VERMONT FRESH NETWORK
The quality and beauty of Vermont's landscape depend upon working farms and working farmers. The Vermont Fresh Network is a community of agricultural and culinary professionals that uses Vermont-grown and -raised foods to create economic, environmental and social gain. We encourage farmers, food processors and chefs to work directly with each other to build partnerships. Building these regional connections contributes to stronger local economies and communities. www.vermontfresh.net