Bakery, Catering, Farm/Food Artisan
Organic, Workshops/Education Programs
Sourcing ingredients primarily from local organic farms, we craft plant-based gluten-free foods that are exceptional in taste and ethic. Our specialty is our increasingly ubiquitous bean burgers, currently available at retailers and food service venues throughout the Northeast. We also sell literally tons of locally-grown organic dry beans to restaurants and retailers, from black turtles to pintos, kidneys to heirlooms.
Partners with Certified Organic Farmers
284 Route 100
c/o Kingsbury Market Garden
Warren, VT 05674
Available Vermont Products
- Black Bean Burgers
Chipotle and Ancho Peppers
Local, organic peppers smoked and dried. Whole peppers, crushed peppers, roasted and frozen peppers available November 2014 on.
Cocoa Bean Cookies
Gluten-free and vegan cookies comprised of more than 50% local and organic ingredients.
- Cocoa Bean Cookies
Grains & Flour
Masa - from local, organic, heirloom corns
Available winter 2014 on.
- Masa - from local, organic, heirloom corns
- Catering - services offered under DBA 'Craft Kitchen Collective
Crafted from a blend of chickpeas and locally-grown white bean varieties (soldier, navy, or yellow eye depending upon availability), heirloom cornmeal from Butterworks Farm, loads of fresh parsley, kale, and a bit of local sunflower oil. The amalgam is touched off with just a bit of heat and the flavors of coriander, paprika, and cumin.
White Bean Hummish
We offer seasonally-varying spreads that re-imagine hummus with locally grown ingredients and a diversity of flavor profiles. Available in retail packs or else 1 gallon food service buckets.
We sell over a dozen distinct varieties of dry beans that we source from a half-dozen farms in VT and NY. We provide seed stock and inoculant as needed on the start of the season and take care of cleaning and bagging the beans if and as needed once harvests are ready. We deliver our 25# bags of beautiful beans to numerous restaurants around Vermont every week.
| May - July
Starting in the 2013 growing season, we're working with a network of growers to provide VT Cranberry Beans and Favas to be sold as fresh shelling beans this year. Please reach out in advance if you have any interest as these are looking like they'll move fast.
- Dry Beans
Member Partners (32)
(O = Certified Organic, G = Gold Barn Award)
- Vermont Bean Crafters Co. O
- Basin Harbor O, G
- Black River Produce
- Burlington Food Service/Reinhart
- Champlain College Dining Services - Sodexo O
- Chelsea Royal Diner
- City Market / Onion River Coop O, G
- Craftsbury Outdoor Center O
- El Cortijo Taqueria Y Cantina O, G
- Farmhouse Catering Co. O
- Farmhouse Tap and Grill, The O, G
- Full Sun Company
- Garden of Eatin' Cafe
- Grazers O
- Half Pint Farm
- Inn at the Round Barn Farm O, G
- Intervale Center Food Hub
- King Arthur Flour Bakery and Cafe O
- Let's Pretend Catering O
- Leunig's Bistro O, G
- Long Trail Brewing Company O
- Mary's at Baldwin Creek O
- Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op and Cafe O, G
- Pete's Greens O
- Red Hen Baking Co. O
- Rutland Regional Medical Center O
- Skinny Pancake, The O
- Skinny Pancake-Montpelier, The O
- Sodexo at St. Michael's College O
- Sugarsnap O
- University of Vermont Medical Center O, G
- UVM Dining at Sodexo O, G
- Wake Robin O