Vermont Food Matchmaker 2016
The Matchmaker is open to:
- Buyers of Vermont Grown, Raised or Processed Foods - chefs, supermarkets, co-ops, restaurants, hotels, institutions, schools, distributors, and food processors in search of Vermont ingredients for commercial purposes.
- Sellers of Vermont Grown, Raised or Processed Foods - Vermont farmers and food processors as well as Vermont Food Distributors
This event gives a variety of food buyers the time to meet face-to-face with Vermont farmers and food processors. It is a bit like "speed dating" but you'll be making buyer/seller connections instead of a love connection. We will provide both Vermont Local Food Trade Show space as well as "speed meeting" time.
What: Vermont Food Matchmaker
Where: Hilton Burlington at 60 Battery Street
When: Friday, April 29, 2016 - 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Registration: $20 per person. Space is limited for sellers in each food category to ensure diversity and broad product representation.
Food Buyer Registration Link ---- Registration is OPEN (for any wholesale buyers, who are interested in purchasing Vermont grown, raised and made food products. These buyers can be chefs, supermarkets, co-ops, restaurants, hotels, institutions, schools, and food processors in search of ingredients and distributors.)
VT Food Seller Registration Link --- Registration is OPEN and will close at 5:00 p.m. on April 13th. (for any Vermont farmers and food processors who are looking to sell Vermont grown, raised and/or made food products to wholesale buyers.)
Agenda for the Day
- 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Additional Event - Coach Deb Mazzaferro Seminar - see details below
- 12:30 p.m. until 1:30 p.m. Additional Event - Mark Mulcahy Seminar - see details below
- 12:00 until 1:00 p.m. Table Setup for Farmers and Food Producers
- 1:00 until 3:00 p.m. Vermont Food Show - Farmers and Food Producers at their display tables for tastings and discussions. Chefs and Retail Food Buyers browse from table to table.
- 3:00 until 5:00 p.m. Matchmaking Sessions - Food Buyers stay at tables and Farmers and Food Producers have 8-minute one-on-one pre-registered meetings.
- 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. - More Mingling and Network time at the Hilton. Cash bar and snacks.
Vermont Local Food Matchmaker is a partnership of the Vermont Fresh Network, Vermont Specialty Food Association, Vermont Retail and Grocers Association, Vermont Cheese Council and Vermont Agency of Agriculture Food and Markets.
Additional Events on Friday, April 29, 2016 at the Hilton in Burlington
There are two dynamic seminars happening prior to the Matchmaker Event. You are invited to participate at no extra cost. To register for either or both of the seminars, visit the Vermont Retail & Grocers Association's Eventbrite Seminar Registration page.. You may sign up to attend either event even if you are not planning on participating in Matchmaker - although space is limited. Register early to reserve your spot!
MARK MULCAHY SEMINAR (12:30 p.m. till 1:30 p.m.) An award winning retail consultant, organic advocate and member of CDS Consulting Co-op, providing produce consulting and educational services for co-ops and independent retailers worldwide. Mark will speak about creative merchandising and effective training techniques to create a passion for produce and a dedication to sustainable agriculture at retail stores. This seminar is geared towards retail establishments but is sure to be interesting and engaging for farmers and food producers too! Mark's seminar is generously brought to you by the Farm to Plate Network.
DEB MAZZAFERRO - “How to Have the Most Successful Trade Show” (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
Interactive workshop will have each attendee:
- Create an elevator speech; some will share theirs
- Learn to ask qualifying questions; roll playing by 3 groups
- Use the qualifying questions to get to the next step and close the prospect; role playing how to ask for the order
- Craft a show special
- Will design a follow up plan
- Will understand how to evaluate ROI for the show
Coach Maz is generously brought to you by the Vermont Specialty Food Association and the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets.
List of Food Buyers at the 2016 Vermont Statewide Local Food Matchmaker
- Abbey Food Service Group
- Black River Produce
- Capital Candy Co.
- Cathedral Square Corporation
- Champlain Valley Union HS (Chittenden South SU)
- City Market/Onion River Co-op
- Co-op Food Stores
- Costco Wholesale
- Growers Hub
- Hannaford Supermarket
- Harvest Market
- Healthy Living Market & Cafe
- Jake's Quechee Market
- Jiffy Mart
- Jolley Associates
- Kingdom Provisions
- Mehuron's Supermarket
- Natural Provisions
- Okemo Mountain Resort
- Price Chopper Supermarkets
- Richmond Market
- Upper Valley Food Coop
- Vermont Roots, Inc.
- Woodbury Village Store
- Whole Foods Market
List of Sellers at the 2016 Vermont Statewide Local Food Matchmaker
- Ambrosia Confections
- Artesano LLC
- Benito's Hot Sauce
- Billings Farm
- Black River Meats
- Butternut Mountain Farm
- Casually Gourmet
- Ceres Gardens
- Champlain Orchards Inc.
- Cobb Hill Cheese and Frozen Yogurt
- Drink Maple
- Freedom Foods LLC
- Full Sun Company
- Gratitude Farms, LLC
- Green Mountain Mustard
- Halladays Harvest Barn
- Hooker Mountain Farm
- Intervale Food Hub
- Joe's Kitchen @ Screamin' Ridge Farm
- Karim Farm and Creamery
- Kingdom Creamery of Vermont
- Klinger's Bread Co
- Lake Champlain Chocolates
- Lyman's Specialties
- Maple Wind Farm
- Marsh Hollow
- Mushroom King
- New England Hot Fudge
- O Bread Bakery
- Rogers Farmstead
- Shacksbury Cider
- Shaker Maple Farm
- Shelburne Farms