The goal of the Vermont Fresh Network is to build a strong local food system. We accomplish this through focusing on the connections between farmers, food producers who source local ingredients, and chefs. We facilitate those connections and promote transparency in the food system to help all consumers make purchases that match their values. Our Partner Member benefits focus on marketing, professional development, and networking.
- Use of the iconic VFN Logo - in tin sign, window sticker, digital formats. For culinary members, this logo tells consumers you have met VFN local purchasing standards. Each year the top 25% of purchasers receive Gold Barn recognition.
- Participation in DigInVT - Vermont’s largest food tourism promotion platform, managed by the Vermont Fresh Network. We help visitors and travelers find authentic local food experiences.
- Feature stories, recommendation lists, event promotions, and more in the bi-monthly Fresh Feed online newsletter.
- Opportunity to be featured in VFN-sponsored events that highlight the best in local food, including our popular Annual Forum Dinner.
- VFN also works with local and regional media outlets to respond to inquiries, pitch stories, recommend profiles, and maintain the high profile of Vermont local food.
- Bimonthly, members-only Fresh Insider newsletter with events, announcements, job postings, and original articles.
- Significantly discounted tickets, and access to members-only sessions, at the VFN Annual Meeting and Conference.
- Participation in special projects around the markets for specific Vermont products, past projects have included Lake Champlain Fish and Vermont Wine.
- Access to members' section of VermontFresh.net, which includes our business directory, organizational performance reports, newsletter archives, and other resources.
- Members also appear in professional development resources that VFN makes publicly available, including our webinar series.
- Member discounts on tickets to the VFN Annual Forum Dinner and all other VFN events.
- Listing in the VFN Business to Business Directory, a tool designed to help businesses find each other and also research business opportunities.
- Opportunity to vote on applications to the Conference Scholarship Program at VFN, which helps Vermont food professionals travel to national gatherings and then share what they learn back home in Vermont.
- VFN Members also receive discounts and special offers from other Vermont businesses and organizations, members can login to see current offerings (which are also announced in the Fresh Insider newsletter).
Qualifications for Becoming a VFN Partner Member
Vermont Fresh Network Partner Members include a range of culinary professionals, farmers, food producers, and distributors across Vermont. To learn more about the qualifications for membership and to access an application, please visit our Partner Member page.
If you do not currently meet the qualifications for Partner Membership or are a business that falls outside of our categories, we hope you will consider a Supporting Membership. A supporting membership contributes to our mission and also professional development-focused benefits such as discounted event tickets.